Senior Planning Manager | Heathrow area | Specialist Residential Developer | £55k - £75k DOE
My client is a specialist housing provider based near Heathrow. On their behalf, Lewis Davey is seeking a highly astute development professional - ideally a qualified Town Planner, but could be a RICS development professional or architect with considerable experience in the Town Planning process - to not only deliver on planning applications but also to be a spokesperson for the company, communicating with councillors and communities in order to gain support for their developments.
To be suitable for this position, you will:
- be RTPI, RICS or RIBA qualified;
- have EXTENSIVE experience of the Town Planning process;
- have the knowledge to build a scheme from the outset and manage/oversee the applications process from cradle to grave;
- have considerable and up to date knowledge of planning policies and the NPPF;
- ideally have some experience working in local government at some point in your career;
- be commercially astute and have experience working either in consultancy or for another housing developer;
- be a naturally good communicator who is able to negotiate at all levels;
- is charismatic, confident and ready to take a step up in their career.
The opportunity with this company is really very exciting. You will be joining at a time of considerable growth with land ready to run with. Some sites are already in the planning process and will require further management to push them through to full permission, whilst others are only at the beginning so you will be responsible for the pre-planning stages and working closely with local stakeholders in the early stages of the planning process. Your professional opinion will also be sought from the land team, appraising potential sites before purchase and working with architects and other external disciplines to put together realistic designs and plans for various potential sites for the future.
You will be working in a secure sector of the property market with a large and ever growing demand for apartment and mews-style properties with associated on-site facilities such as gyms, restaurants, swimming pools, sports and club facilities.
This position is open-ended and we are searching for the 'right' person, rather than someone with a very prescriptive background. Depending on experience to date, they could join as a Planning Manager or a Senior Planning Manager and as such, the salary could range anywhere from £45k - £75k with a Senior PM likely to earn upwards of a £55k basic. There are a range of benefits attached too, such as a car allowance, private medical care, pension and bonuses. Whilst the ideal person will be full time, there is some room for flexibility in terms of hours and working arrangements and various scenarios could be accommodated.
If you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity then give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, send you CV via the apply button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
More searches like this
- Consultancy Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Chertsey
- Housing Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Chertsey
- Property Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Chertsey
- Local Authority Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Chertsey
- Other Private sector Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Chertsey