Land Access Manager - HS2
About the role:
- Formal instruction and coordination of the activities of HS2's supply chain to ensure access to land is secured in time for survey activity (for ecological, noise, environmental and ground investigation assessments) to proceed in accordance with agreed programmes;
- Manage access requests for key technical stakeholders (e.g. Network Rail, Environmental Agency, Canal & River Trust and Highways England), utilities); provide single point of contact across HS2 for access to land owned by key technical stakeholders to ensure access requests are coordinated, costs managed, and disruption to stakeholders kept to a minimum;
- Manage and reconcile the Environmental and Ground Investigation survey scope datasets to ensure that landowners are provided with accurate information via the supply chain, to assist in securing agreement;
- Co-ordinate with Construction and project teams in relation to access requirements for Ground investigation surveys, including sense check of borehole locations, advance notice and collating access taken for survey payment generation, and location/negotiation of sites for secure works compounds;
- Negotiate and finalise disturbance, crop loss and reinstatement claims where received from external landowners in a transparent, fair and equitable manner consistent with the use of public money.
- Professional membership of relevant institution (RICS, CAAV, RTPI, APM, etc)
- Experience of engaging with landowners over access to land for surveys and investigations
- Experience of assessing claims for loss (crop loss, reinstatement, etc);
- Experience of compiling and analysing data using Excel (or equivalent), GIS and database reporting tools experience of managing external supplier
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.