Principal Transport Planner
The requirement is for a Senior/ Principal Transport Planner to work on and assist in leading a range of Development Planning projects. This role would suit an experienced Transport/Development Planner who has developed a strong technical base and gained some initial experience in project management, who now wishes to take the opportunity to work closer with our clients and take a greater level of responsibility on project management and overall responsibility of the projects.
The candidate will be expected to have proficient knowledge of Development Control issues, as well as knowledge of strategic and local policy.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing or working within schemes from conception through to completion - these could include CPZ; cycle routes; public pathways or bus route schemes.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Prepare high quality technical notes and reports; e.g.: feasibility studies; Transport Assessments, Travel Plans etc;
- Manage small projects to quality, cost and time;
- Provide clear advice to clients and members of project teams;
- Engage with more senior colleagues to develop scope of work, timescales and budget expectations;
- Resolve problems or issues to support the delivery of projects.
If this position sounds like it would be of interest, please get in contact with either myself (Matt) or any of the Highways and Transport team on 0207 766 9000.
However, should you be in the market for something new but this isn't quite right/know of somebody who may be right please also get in touch as I'm currently recruiting for a number of roles and am always on the lookout for strong candidates.
Similarly should you wish to hear about what is currently available in the market, get in touch as we are constantly recruiting for roles, that may not be advertised, especially if we have candidates in mind!