Planning Consultant / Senior Consultant / Associate Planner
This is an exciting opportunity to play a significant role in a small, but growing, team of planning consultants. In this firm, you will get all the benefits of working with highly experienced Directors, whose background comes from some of the leading firms. They also offer a more personable and flexible way of working than many of these big firms allow. Your projects will range from working for leading developers and investors on numerous residential, commercial, education, health, and retail projects in Lancashire and the wider North West region.
This is a friendly team who want your career to flourish and therefore you will be given access to a whole host of CPD activities from internal training to external events and seminars. Your career will move forward at this firm.
The successful candidate can expect to undertake the following day-to-day tasks:
• Prepare and manage small to medium scale planning applications and appeals in a variety of industries;
• Appraise the development potential of sites and provide written and verbal advice to clients;
• Manage external sub-consultants in the preparation of planning applications and appeals;
• Support the Directors in larger scale projects, strategic land promotion, and in their work with community groups;
• Undertake business development and attend business networking events;
• Help to grow the business by looking for ways to continually improve the firm’s service;
• Take on increasing responsibility across the business as you become more experienced.
Candidates will ideally be chartered with RTPI with excellent communication skills. The level, however, is very open, depending upon the experience you have to date. They have a full order book so new staff could come in at any level. As you will deal directly with clients, you must have a positive attitude, good planning knowledge, be self-motivated, and be able to nurture strong relationships. Candidates may have gained their experience in a planning consultancy, a developer or within a development management team in local authority.
In return for your hard work, you will receive a great salary and an above average holiday entitlement. You will also have the opportunity to improve your salary with performance related pay and regular pay reviews and performance appraisals.
Candidates needing flexible working are encouraged to apply.
Want to work in a small, fun, inclusive team where your opinions will be heard? Then please apply today to Shaun Lewis email@example.com 020 7859 4246.
Your CV will never be sent out without your permission. All dialogue will be handled confidentially.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.