Principal Development Management Planner (Strategic Sites)
4 days left
- Contract Type
I am currently working with a Cambridgeshire based Local Planning Authority, who are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to join the team during an exciting time for the area, with the creation of a new town. The scheme is for approximately 5000 dwellings, and requires someone with experience of working at this level before. The contract is for an initial 6-month period, and is highly likely to be extended.
Your main purposes in this role are as follows:
- To ensure all major growth sites and a range of strategic planning applications are developed in accordance with national policy, the Development Plans and local government strategies.
- To provide professional advice regarding a range of planning matters associated with development control and new communities including pre-application enquiries/ planning performance agreements.
- To work in partnership, and as part of joint planning arrangements, with other agencies and developers to deliver quality sustainable communities.
- To manage the work carried out by a team of officers and consultants under the direction of the Team Manager to create and support sustainable communities .
- To assist the Team Manager within the team with handling appeals and applications.
- To process all planning applications assigned to the postholder in an efficient and time effective way.
- To achieve the appropriate balance between customer focus, quality and timeliness.
- To ensure that growth areas are quality developments, reflecting the spirit and purpose of the Planning Permissions, Master Plan, and design guidance.
- To process all planning applications and project work assigned to the post holder in an efficient and time effective way, typically, these will tend to be medium-large applications.
- Actively monitoring and reviewing decisions taken is an essential part of the job.
- Providing general planning guidance to statutory, non-statutory, public bodies and the general public.
- To assist/guide developers in the formulation of quality planning applications, master plans and design guidance.
- To work flexibly in response to the priorities of the wider Planning Service.
It is essential that you have experience working on strategic sites of large-scale outline applications, Environmental Impact Assessments, stakeholder management and community engagement. You must also be a capable project manager and be adept in negotiation. You must have a degree or diploma in Town Planning, or a related discipline and hold full or licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
You must have access to your own car to carry out site visits for this role. Home working can be negotiated with the LPA once thorough the interview stage.
The rate for this role will be commensurate with the successful contractors previous experience, but is expected to be in the £43 - £46 p/h range.
Apply for Principal Development Management Planner (Strategic Sites)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly