Senior / Principal Planner | Birmingham | Major projects
A renowned multidisciplinary firm are seeking an experienced Town Planner to join their Birmingham team at Senior or Principal Planner level.
Based in the vibrant city centre close to Moor Street station and surrounded by the buzz of upbeat shops, cafes and bars, this is a great place to work in a reinvigorated area of the UK's second city.
The company is a recognised leader in planning and environmental services nationwide. Much of the work will involve strategic site promotion and immediate applications within the residential and commercial development sectors, but you may also be involved in sectors such as energy and resources where required. There is a lot of cross over work with other disciplines in the business and you will work closely with in-house ecologists, transport planners, heritage and EIA specialists. Should you have any specialist planning skills such as environmental planning, EIA or heritage then these would be highly valued within the team, but pure planning skills from a commercial planning environment including policy planning (strategic work, local plans etc.) are equally desirable.
About the role:
- Undertake town planning instructions including strategic site promotion and immediate planning applications
- Coordinate small/medium & large planning projects
- Maintain strong working relationships with existing clients
- Develop internal relationships with multi-disciplinary colleagues
- Prepare fee proposals and provide input into tender submissions
- Assist Planning Directors where applicable on project management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Hold an RTPI accredited Honours Degree and/or Diploma or Master’s qualification
- A full member of the Royal Town Planning Institute/RICS (or actively working towards)
- Some private sector experience is highly desirable
- Excellent technical planning knowledge and up to date knowledge of planning legislation
- Significant experience (4+ years') of delivering planning advice to a range of clients
- Report writing experience with the ability to develop and express an argument clearly and concisely
In return for your hard work, you will receive an excellent remuneration package to include a particularly generous basic salary, pension and flexible benefits including the ability to purchase extra holiday in addition to your basic allowance and the option to purchase shares in the company.
If your interest has been sparked and you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, send you CV via the apply button below or send your CV to email@example.com including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.