Team Manager (Planning)
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced planning professional to manage the County Council's planning service. The role involves managing a team of skilled and enthusiastic professional and support staff to deliver quality and timely outcomes.
The post holder will be responsible for all relevant development management and strategic planning duties. This includes making high quality decisions on planning application and enforcement matters, site monitoring and producing a statutory minerals and waste Local Plan.
Supporting the Head of Service, the successful candidate will have excellent corporate awareness and will be at ease with working in partnership with stakeholders, negotiating solutions to problems in a fair and pragmatic way.
- Degree level education, or equivalent experience
- Professional qualification in town planning or related discipline
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute or related body
- Local government experience, ideally in a county planning authority
- Experience of dealing with complex planning matters, including local plan preparation, determining planning applications and confidently presenting at public meetings
- Excellent planning knowledge, including strategic planning and the minerals and waste industry
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to deliver a customer focused service, building respect trust with stakeholders
- Excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate successful outcomes
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.