Senior Planner | Part time or Full time | Chelmsford
2 days left
- Contract Type
A full or part time opportunity has arisen for an experienced Town Planner to join a successful multidisciplinary consultancy in their Chelmsford office.
This planning and development consultancy with over 30 professional staff operate across a wide range of sectors including Town Planning, Architecture, Ecology, Master Planning and Urban Design, Archaeology and more.
With plans to reinvigorate their Essex office, the successful candidate will be joining an incoming Associate Planner, working closely with them to deliver projects to a largely pre-existing client base. There are plans in place to further expand the team in the coming 12 - 24 months so you would likely become a key member of the team, influencing and guiding its further growth. As a result, promotion is likely and the opportunity to manage more junior members of the team in the future.
A significant proportion of the consultancy's work is with land and property developers and landowners (in a range of sectors e.g. residential, commercial, retail and other businesses), and they also deliver work for clients in the renewable energy, waste, education, leisure and public authority sectors. The wide range of projects will offer an interesting and stimulating workload where no two days will ever feel the same.
The company offer a flexible approach to their employees wherever possible and are happy for the successful candidate to work full or part time (minimum 3 days a week) - the importance is placed on experience, drive and character over a need to be in the office 5 days a week.
- ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years PQE in a Town Planning role (public or private sector);
- you will be a chartered member of the RTPI, or able to achieve this status soon;
- your experience may come from a development management or policy background, as both skill sets are required by the company;
- commercial acumen is essential as you will be client facing and will need to place importance on budgets and offering value for money alongside excellent planning advice;
- you must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- experience representing client or council at planning committee is important, and experience presenting at other hearings or events would be valuable;
- you should be a natural team player, happy to assist where required and work under time constraints;
- a full driving licence and access to own car would be valuable too.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary, bonuses and other benefits. You will join a friendly, forward thinking and organically growing consultancy with a range of professionals and a fantastic support team. You will gain flexible working arrangements and opportunities to progress alongside access to CPD.
If you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity then give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, use the apply button below or send your CV to email@example.com including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Apply for Senior Planner | Part time or Full time | Chelmsford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly