Planning Officer - Development Control
A prestigious central London Borough Council urgently requires a Planning Officer in one of their fast moving area teams.
In this densely populated urban area you will be exposed to a varied of caseload of minor to medium applications in some of the capitals most vibrant residential and commercial areas which commonly include householders, residential, commercial, change of use, mixed use and listed building consents etc.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Undertake duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions and reserved matters
- Issue Certificates of lawful developments
- Draft detailed committee reports
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an acquired a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience processing minor to medium applications in conjunction with a natural enthusiasm for Town Planning and Development Management in particular.
In addition to this candidates will have good analytical and communication in both written and verbal forms.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either 0207 318 5263 or email@example.com.