One of the home counties most progressive councils has an urgent requirement for a Planning Officer.
This council is looking for a highly experienced Development Control Planner to join the team and work on a mixed caseload of minor to complex medium applications entailing house holder, residential and mixed-use applications. The council have expressed they have a number of very interesting mixed-use and residential schemes for this planner to work on comprising of 10 - 15 units.
Duties will include;
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Attending site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org