A great opportunity has become available for a Planning Officer at one of South London's most progressive local authorities.
Your core responsibilities should you be successful will include, processing householder, minor and medium applications including residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, new build, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
Applicants must also have a Town & Country Planning related degree to be considered for this position.
For further details, please feel free to contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5261.