My client, a local authority based in West Yorkshire are looking for a Planning Officer to join their Development Management team. You will be joining an expanding team with a variety of different projects in the borough, and you will be given the chance to work with some exciting new developments.
You will be joining as a Planning Officer in a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels by adding new members of staff to handle householder and minor applications.
Duties for the Planning Officer role will be:
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications
- The processing of planning and related applications, including giving advice on their submission
- Conduct site visits
- Provide any information relating to land and property to professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and planning agents and members of the public.
- Provide statistical and performance information, letters and reports in connection with the planning application process
- Representing the council at committee when required
To be succesSful for the Planning Officer jobs, you will have previous experience handling planning applications and be able to demonstrate a competent working knowledge at interview.
The client will be looking to pay between £25-30 per hour for the successful Planning Officer applicants and would be looking for candidates to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!