Regeneration Officer - East London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housing Regeneration Officer based in a Local Authority in East London that is embarking on an innovative new housing project that will help regenerate some of the most deprived wards in the country.
Post: Housing Regeneration Officer Rate: Circa £28 - £29 per hour
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Housing Regeneration Officer to provide project management expertise to progress a range of housing development, regeneration and associated projects. This is a new initiative for the council and a great opportunity to help regenerate some of the most deprived wards in the country.
Work may variously include facilitation of infill housing projects - working with the Capital Delivery Team - or developing larger potential regeneration projects, or work streams within these.
The role will be varied but the duties will include pre-requisite scoping, master-planning, design, consultation and procurement stages, along with land assembly (decants, housing options, CPO preparation etc). The team reports regularly to senior managers and Mayor / Lead Members, and also monitors funding for the GLA.
The appointed consultant will also be tasked with advising other stakeholders in the council on the technical aspects of the regeneration schemes.
- Educated to degree level and/or with significant relevant professional experience.
- Holds a Project Management and/or relevant technical qualification and/or has significant relevant professional experience.
- A proven track record of project management in a housing, regeneration or capital build environment.
- Effective management of projects in accordance with sound project management principles.
- Experience in the implementation of consultation strategies, to maximise participation by residents and other stakeholders.
- Experience of financial / data analysis and preparation of monitoring reports and other returns for government would be helpful.
Clients are looking to interview, and shortlist shortly, so please submit your CV promptly for consideration.
If this is of interest to you then please ring our ex-local Authority Planner Joe, on 020 3056 0291. I am looking for the right candidate right away, so if in doubt please do get in touch.
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Consultancy Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Government Agency/Quango Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Housing Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Property Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)