Senior Planning Officer - South West - Major Applications
I am working with a client in the South West who is looking for a Senior Planning Officer, they are can offer two days in the office and two from home in a compressed working week or 2 or 3 days in the office and 2 or 3 from home. They would be looking for the candidate to start immediately.
Duties will include:
- Managing Major applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Candidate's Required Experience:
- Several years' experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of Major Applications.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate would be around £30-£36 per hour.
- Most likely to be inside IR35 however the client is open to evaluating this.
- ASAP start date
- A compressed working week and remote working is available.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9000 and ask for Alex.