Senior Town Planner or Planner | Kent (nr Sevenoaks) | up to £38k + bonuses + benefits
A Kent-based planning consultancy requires an experienced Town Planner from a private or public sector background to join them at Planner or Senior Planner level.
This small but thriving team form part of a wider property consultancy focusing on residential and commercial development, rural and agricultural growth and change as well as work in other sectors such as tourism, retail, heritage and environmental planning.
You will be joining a busy and entrepreneurial team based near Sevenoaks who work on a wide range of projects from significant housing developments in the hundreds through to small developments of 1-5 units, agricultural projects such as barn conversions and equine developments, diversification for tourism and commercial purposes, heritage-focused projects and developments requiring EIA input. There is no limit to the work undertaken by this team, and they happily open their books up to new clients with planning requirements in any sector due to their breadth of professional knowledge and experience.
Due to the small and close knit nature of the team, you will be given immediate access to all scales and stages of their projects, ensuring maximum exposure and experience - especially valuable to someone in the first 5 years of their career.
You will be given every opportunity to develop your professional skills and build your own client base. From day one you will be given active projects to deliver on (depending on level of experience) and you can take the lead on your share of new client enquiries, many of which come through referrals from the wider multidisciplinary business. You will be encouraged to attend conferences and networking events were you will represent the company and share your advisory skills with potential clients.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- have gained a minimum of 18 months’ experience in a Town Planning position (public sector, consultancy or developer);
- be a experienced Assistant Planner (Graduate Planner), Planner or Senior Planner, with a basic salary expectation of up to £38k;
- have some experience dealing with planning applications, ideally with an interest in residential development and rural planning;
- have gained experience at planning committee, hearings and in managing the appeals process;
- have a planning degree or Masters and be in a position to become a chartered member of the RTPI, if not already chartered;
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- be confident in your ability to advise and support clients and manage your own smaller planning projects whilst supporting the Planning Director with larger projects;
- be commercially astute and results driven whilst being a friendly team player, comfortable working in a small team environment;
- hold a full UK driving licence, access to a car, and be willing to travel as part of your job.
In return for your efforts and commitment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary dependent on experience, generous bonuses, town centre offices in a bustling, historic setting, company pension scheme, business mileage and every opportunity for career progression (on promotion to Associate level you will receive car allowance).
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity then please give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively send your CV via the 'Apply Now' button below, or via email to email@example.com. Remember to include a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Your CV and personal information with be treated with the strictest confidence, and your CV will not be shared with any other companies without your permission.