Senior Planning Officer - South East London Borough
A great opportunity has arisen to work for a vibrant South East London Local Authority on a contract basis. The authority is going through a sustained period of growth, which will give any potential candidate exposure to some large and innovative projects. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further their career in the public sector.
Reporting to the Area Team Leader, your main duties will be processing mainly Major and complex planning applications and appeals, dealing with queries, complaints, pre-application enquiries and helping to mentor and supervise staff in one of two area teams.
You will have significant experience in a planning office and be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively manage the development and performance of other professional and technical officers and to deliver high quality planning decisions.
The Local Authority is looking for a candidate who is positive and proactive, can work independently and has good time management and report writing skills. Previous Local Authority experience is desirable but not essential.
If this is of interest to you then please ring our ex-local Authority Planner Joe, on 020 3056 0291. I am looking for the right candidate right away, so if in doubt please do get in touch.
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Charity / Not for Profit Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Community Group Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Consultancy Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)
- Education Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (East)