Housing Development Officer
My client, a Surrey based Local Authority are looking for a Housing Development Officer to join their service. You will be brought in to help deliver more homes of all tenures within the Borough, to reduce the use of temporary accommodation and other types of short-term housing solutions.
You will be joining as a Housing Development Officer in one of Surrey's busiest Boroughs with a range of exciting new projects and housing delivery targets to meet.
Duties for Housing Development Officer:
- To identify and facilitate new build affordable housing projects, with responsibility for scoping, designing, planning, implementing and managing projects through to completion.
- To be responsible for the programme management of a range of development projects. Provide a co-ordination role for internal services, Procurement, Finance, Legal, Housing, Planning and Asset Management & Property Services in the production of affordable housing in the district on both public and privately-owned sites.
- To negotiate S.106 agreements with private developers and Registered Providers on some housing projects, whilst project managing others, simultaneously.
- To lead on the project management of a range of individual housing schemes concurrently, as they reach various stages of the development process at different times, throughout their duration.
- To secure maximum funding through S.106 negotiations with developers and other agencies for the provision of affordable housing. To challenge financial viabilities through use of assessment modelling.
In order to be successful for the Housing Development Officer role you must be able to demonstrate previous experience as a Housing Development Officer in a UK Local Authority or Housing Association.
The client will be looking to pay between £25-35 per hour for the successful Housing Development Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Planning and Housing jobs nationwide!