Strategic Planning Manager
Would you love to benefit from being able to work flexible hours, as part of a successful business that offers attractive rewards? If so, and you’re an experienced planning professional then this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the winning team at Gladman.
Who will I be working with?
Gladman Scotland is the Scottish trading company of Gladman Developments, the UK’s most successful land promoter, and is part of the wider respected Gladman Group which has been thriving in the development industry for over 30 years. With offices in Scotland, North West England, and North East England, the business promotes sites nationwide and a significant number of these are contracted and sold within a 2-year period.
The quality focused, family run Gladman Group continues to make significant investment into employees and commercial projects, with ongoing success directly attributed to a strong emphasis on team work and open communication. Each member of the growing workforce of over 180, is valued by the experienced and approachable Management Team, with support and training provided for career development. The Scotland team consists of planners, surveyors, engineers, project managers and researchers focused on land buying, planning and technical support specifically for clients in Scotland.
So, what will the role of Strategic Planning Manager entail?
To support, manage and lead on planning input required to promote and deliver the Company's strategic development sites. To assist in the identification and promotion of new strategic development opportunities and advise and support the Directors as required.
- Support, lodge and drive the promotion and deliverability of Scottish strategic development sites through the existing and emerging planning system.
- Prepare and coordinate planning submissions, including planning applications, EIAs, planning appeals (including leading planning appeal evidence), plan representations etc.
- Manage and instruct consultants to an agreed scope of works and manage budgets where required.
- Be able to evaluate in depth national and local planning policy and apply this to maximise the promotion of the Company’s portfolio.
- Have experience and demonstrable knowledge of the development management system in Scotland, in particularly relating to residential and mix use developments.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with relevant external organisations, including preparing, attending and leading of public consultation and stakeholder events.
- Mentor, advise and assist colleagues and trainees on planning and development matters.
- Take a lead role in identifying new housing sites throughout Scotland.
- Assist in delivering evidence and research to support future housing sites.
What will I need to be considered for this Strategic Planning Manager vacancy?
- Good people management / leadership qualities.
- Be able to work individually as well as being part of a team.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Superb organisational skills with the ability to manage a busy workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or eligible for Membership).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience in consultancy or development company desirable.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle.
What will I receive in return?
You will be joining a business with a stable history and a longstanding commitment to Scotland.
Attractive Benefits: 26 days annual leave plus 9 statutory bank holidays. 5% employer pension contributions and private healthcare are provided.
Working Hours: Gladman operates an optional flexible working scheme with the ability to work a 9 day fortnight.
Start Date: Immediate
Please click "Send Application" with your CV and covering letter.