In-house Town Planner
Town Planner – Essex – Client Side
Upto £40k + benefits
Our client is a leading Heritage Developer working on exciting redevelopment projects usually involving listed buildings, churches, schools, prisons, hospitals and other historic buildings. These are redeveloped for housing, in the main. As such, their developments are unique and of a high design standard. They are also subject to some of the most stringent planning conditions and discharging these takes negotiation and meticulous attention to detail. They are looking for a Town Planner to join their team based in Essex who will have the following responsibilities:
- provide planning feasibility advice/likely programme for achieving planning consent on site bids
- manage assigned projects from site purchase to planning approval and discharge of planning conditions
- participate in internal Planning Meetings
- consultant reports and surveys as agreed during the site purchase stage.
- formulate draft budgets for your projects
- appoint consultants in accordance with the Group’s best practice procedures
- partake in community consultation events
- prepare appropriate viability reports.
- submit planning applications
- produce projects that enhance and maintain the high reputation of the company.
- drafting and agreeing project budgets and programme against which you will manage the project and the team (internal staff and external consultants).
- maximise the increase in site value by ensuring that all projects where possible profitably align or exceed with the Group strategy, business plans and objectives.
- agree challenging but achievable objectives and performance targets against which you regularly report; and to manage and allocate all resources effectively within your control on a day-to-day basis. If any deadline or objective, or budget is to be missed you must immediately make this clear.
- discharge Planning & Listed Building conditions in liaison with the Planning authority and/or consultants always ensuring that they are discharged in a timely manner and using the minimum level of information necessary.
- maintain a good working knowledge of all statutory planning/conservation related policies/guidance/issues that affect your role.
This is a great opportunity to work directly for a developer but to retain the skills you will have gained in a planning consultancy or with a local planning authority (development management – preferred).
This is an award-winning firm who can offer a range of projects that will keep you excited in your work and will help to create developments which you will be very proud to bring to the market.
Please apply today or speak with Shaun Lewis, Director on 07789 371470 for more information.