Principal Planning Policy Officer
My client, an expanding Local Authority in Essex are looking for a Principal Planning Policy Officer to join their local plan development to deliver over 30,000 new homes, 24,000 new jobs as well as planning for the development of new Lower Thames Crossing.
You will be joining as a Principal Planning Policy Officer in a rapidly expanding team to support the plan-making process the Council is in the process of restructuring it’s Strategic Planning and Growth & Strategy teams.
Duties and Experience for Principal Planning Policy Officer:
- To be responsible for the processing of planning policy and Development Plan documents, particularly those of a more complex nature.
- To co-ordinate the development of policy for the built and natural environment, and to undertake the role of “intelligent client” in the commissioning and procurement of supporting technical studies.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and project management of relevant council officers and others providing advice in the planning process and strategy development.
- To provide professional and technical support to the Growth & Strategy Team and to mentor and assist in the development of less experienced members of the team.
- To be responsible for the preparation of Corporate Reports and to deal with correspondence, enquiries from Councillors, stakeholders and the general public.
- To undertake consultations and presentations, including providing support at public exhibitions in respect of the Growth and Strategy Team’s area of work.
To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of the Council’s evidence at Examination In Public, Public Inquiry or similar forums.
In order to be successful for the Principal Planning Policy Officer position you must have at previous experience at a Senior Level within a UK Local Authority, with involvement in the plan-making process including the production of Local Plan Report of Public Consultation Documents.
The client will be looking to pay between £37-46 per hour for the successful Principal Planning Policy Officer and are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Harlow
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Harlow
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Harlow
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Harlow
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Harlow