Principal Planning Policy Officer
My client, an expanding Local Authority in Essex are looking for a Principal Planning Policy Officer to join their team working on the South Essex Joint Strategic Planand also the borough's own Local Plan - looking at submission by end of March 2019.
You will be joining as a Principal Planning Policy Officer and will take a lead role in assisting in the effective and efficient operation of the Forward Plans team within Planning Services. The team is engaged in the preparation of a ‘sound’ Local Development Framework (LDF) including evidence collection, ‘plan making’ and policy development, viability and other technical assessments, infrastructure planning, general planning advice, working with other agencies and partners, monitoring, and public consultation.
Duties and Experience for Principal Planning Policy Officer:
- The post holder will take a leading role in assisting in the preparation of the documents that will comprise the Local Development Framework, and other associated strategies and policy documents. This will include being responsible for specific topics and areas of policy development.
- Assist the Forward Plans Manager in the overall management of the team including mentoring and developing staff, as well as taking responsibility for supervision of staff on individual projects required to prepare the Local Development Framework. This will include doing staff appraisals
- To take the lead role for the preparation of individual Development Plan Documents as set out in the Council’s approved Local Development Scheme.
- To prepare the Council’s responses to strategic planning matters, and national and local planning policy.
- Liaise with other sections, services and partners to assist in forward planning work.
- To appoint and manage consultants to undertake the evidence base studies required to prepare the Local Development Framework documents. This will include managing the consultants, monitoring progress against agreed timescales and responsibility for the budgetary management for the projects.
In order to be successful for the Principal Planning Policy Officer position you must have at least 5 years' local and/or strategic planning experience including the Submission and Examination stage, and be MRTPI.
The client will be looking to pay between £30-35 per hour for the successful Principal Planning Policy Officer and are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Southend-on-Sea
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Southend-on-Sea
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Southend-on-Sea
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Southend-on-Sea
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Southend-on-Sea