Planner / Senior Planner
The Planning Officer provides key support to the planning team by appraising sites, responding to policy, making planning applications and assisting with planning process management as well as compliance within the organisation.
The post holder is a key member of the Planning Department and will ensure that they align their job role with departmental strategies and changing business dynamics or goals of the Group.
- Full driving licence
- Strong knowledge of planning policy and planning law
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven record of dealing with large scale residential schemes
- Full- time/ permanent
In addition, to develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to solicit feedback that delivers continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Organise and maintain office work systems including ensuring that computer records are accurate and up to date.
- Maintain an up to date record of Local Planning Authorities’ Planning policies and Local Plan Reviews for internal reference.
- Monitoring and reviewing local planning policy including strategies which take account of transport, the local economy, jobs, green infrastructure, renewable energy, climate change and the historic environment.
- Conducting appropriate research to inform planning applications.
- Negotiate, obtain quotations from and instruct external engineers and other consultants and assist in the evaluation of their use by the Group.
- Assist in the production of Planning Sketch Schemes through liaison with architects.
- Collate and maintain evidence from public consultation meetings where the planning process requires it.
- Manage the submission of planning applications to Local Planning Authorities;
- Compile Planning application, conditions and appeal documentation for submission to Local Planning Authorities including research as necessary on prior planning history of sites.
- Submit and manage successful planning applications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers and external suppliers.
- Attend Planning Committee Meetings, Rights of Way Panels and Public Consultation Meetings to represent the Group as requested by the Planning Director.
- Liaise with the planning team so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs for operational development
- Report to the Planning Manager timely and accurate reporting as requested by him/her, either on a regular or ad hoc basis
- Be personally responsible for own personal continuous professional development, ensuring that he/she remains fully skilled and trained and effective in the post.
Please see the attached document for more information on this role.