Senior Rural Planning Consultant
Reading Agricultural Consultants (RAC) Ltd provides a full suite of agricultural and rural planning services to private clients and local planning authorities, providing advice on policy and design, and managing development proposals through the planning process. RAC’s position as a class leader in the rural planning sector would ensure a substantial and diverse client base for the right candidate.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- experience or background working in agriculture and rural areas; preferably with education to degree level in land-based subject area with a preference for, but not necessarily exclusively, agriculture;
- good analytical, writing and communication skills;
- experience of managing complex projects, preparing and submitting planning applications, undertaking consultations, making representations, giving evidence at planning hearings and inquiries etc.;
- experience of a variety of agricultural/diversification systems would be an advantage;
- a knowledge of economics and accounts would also be advantageous; and
- membership of the RTPI although helpful, is not a prerequisite.
The successful candidate should be willing to work in the south of England and Wales, ambitious and highly self-motivated, confident dealing directly with clients, able to manage their own workload, and have an ability to work in a small team.
Must have permission to work in the UK by the start of employment and full driving license.
No agencies please.