Spatial Planning Team Leader
Ackerman Pierce are recruiting on behalf of a Hertfordshire based Local Authority for a Spatial Planning Team Leader in their Strategic Planning Service. You will be joining the team who are looking to expand due to an increase in workload with some exciting upcoming projects.
You will be joining as the Spatial Planning Team Leader to assist the Spatial Planning Manager to deliver a Development Plan making service which delivers a seamless spatial planning offer incorporating expertise from a range of professional disciplines and complies with statutory and corporate requirements and policy.
Duties for Spatial Planning Team Leader:
- Assist the Spatial Planning Manager in the overall management and leadership of the service team, including recruitment, development and motivation of approx (20) people who are committed to delivering an excellent and seamless planning service by the whole department, so that is recognised as a leader in innovation, excellence and best practice. Line manage the Spatial Planning and Design and Conservation officers, approx (8)
- Proactively and professionally engage with multiple Portfolio Holders, the Leader, senior elected and professional officials in other Local Planning Authorities and other stakeholder bodies; in order to achieve spatial planning aims and objectives.
- Provide professional expertise in Planning Appeal and Planning Enforcement and prosecution issues in liaison with the Development Management and Enforcement Team, including provision of written evidence and appearance at hearings and Planning (public) Inquiries and Court to support that evidence orally where necessary.
- Implement an entrepreneurial approach to the management of the team to optimise fee income and make the most efficient use of resources. This includes proactively leading on the preparation of funding and partnership packages and development delivery.
- Lead and manage officers on the formulation and interpretation of design and conservation policy. This includes training and skill development of officers and Members to ensure that high quality design becomes central to the activities and outcomes of the Department.
- Lead in the delivery of place shaping and sustainable development which is informed through the District’s intrinsic identity of an outstanding historic built and natural environment and rises to the challenge of climate change.
In order to be successful for the Spatial Planning Team Leader role you must have previous experience at Team Leader/Management level within a Local Authority Planning Policy Service.
The client will be looking to pay between £35-44 per hour for the Spatial Planning Team Leader role and are looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!