Planning Enforcement Officer
My client, a local authority based in West London are looking for a Planning Enforcement Officer within their Enforcement team. You will be brought in to provide technical guidance and deal with responsibilities for a set of cases or schemes which require the application of technical knowledge and/or compliance with regulations or procedures.
You will be joining a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels by adding new members of staff to handle a high backlog of cases in a busy service.
Duties for the Planning Enforcement Officer role will be:
- Management of a high caseload at all levels of complexity with minimum supervision.
- Providing regular updates to complainants and negotiating with alleged offenders to determine the facts of the case and resolve the matters arising.
- Unaccompanied site visits or meetings.
- Service of formal notices
- Preparation of witness statements and attendance in prosecution proceedings
- Work to support the Compliance Monitoring Service by attending sites to monitor compliance with planning permissions.
- Determination of retrospective Planning Applications
- To give advice to Councillors, members of the public, developers and agents on general planning and enforcement matters
To be successful for the Planning Enforcement Officer job, you will have previous experience in handling a high caseload of enforcement work within a UK Local Authority.
The client will be looking to pay between £20-24 per hour for the successful Planning Enforcement Officer applicant and would be looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!