Senior Principal Planning Officer
My client, a busy Local Authority in South East London are looking for a Senior Principal Planning Officer to join their team within Development Management, and in particular somebody that is looking to take a step into a role with eventual management responsibility.
You will be joining as a Senior Principal Planning Officer one of London’s high growth borough’s, which is seeing a large number of major development and regeneration projects underway, which would suit a DM Planner with the capability to work on a range of applications including strategically important ones.
Requirements for Senior Principal Planning Officer post:
- Prepare and present Committee reports development proposals including major proposals of strategic importance, complex development issues, area development initiatives, or in areas of policy innovation.
- Prepare statements, proofs of evidence for public enquiries and act as professional witness.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations for decisions on planning applications to be determined by the Area Planning Manager, Head of Development, Director, or Chief Planning Officer under delegated powers.
- Advise senior managers and assist where appropriate lead negotiations on legal agreements associated with planning applications, in particular strategic applications, to ensure community benefits are secured and the Council’s regeneration objectives are met.
- Assist in the management, and direction of the group including the co-ordination of the work of the group, and the setting of priorities.
- Deputise for the Area Planning Manager when absent.
In order to be successful for the Senior Principal Planning Officer position you must also be able to clearly demonstrate recent local authority experience handling a mixed caseload of complex minor and small major applications.
The client will be looking to pay between £20-30 per hour for the successful Senior Principal Planning Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
Apply for Senior Principal Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly