Senior Planning Officer
My client, a growing Local Authority in Surrey are looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join their team within Development Management, and in particular working with an exciting, mixed caseload of projects currently in progress in the Borough.
You will be joining as a Senior Planning Officer a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels with a number of regeneration and major development projects and are looking for someone to process a case load of applications for planning permission, listed building consent, conservation area consent, certificates of lawfulness, discharge of planning conditions, hazardous substances consent and advertisement consent.
Duties and Experience for Senior Planning Officer post:
- To appraise all delegated-level applications to written report stage and make recommendations in accordance with policies and procedures and Service Performance Targets.
- Contributing, as appropriate, to the processing of those applications, carrying out consultation and negotiation with interested bodies.
- Prepare, or contribute to, reports, briefings and recommendations for the Planning Boards/Committee approval to ensure Members are fully aware of the planning merits of the proposal and take decisions consistent with statutory legislation and planning policy.
- Provide appropriate levels of advice and guidance to all users of the service, in writing, verbally including contributing to the Duty Planning Officer Service.
- Provide preliminary and pre-application advice on specific development proposals to other Council Services, developers and their agents, the public and other stakeholders on best practice to ensure proposals are consistent with planning policies and objectives.
- Provide evidence at appeals in defence of the Council’s planning decisions (written representations, hearings and local public inquiries).
- To occasionally attend meetings of the Council, including Planning Boards and Strategic Planning Committee, to present cases.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive evidence and intelligence base contributing to new procedures to inform policy and decision making and to meet statutory requirements.
In order to be successful for the Senior Planning Officer position you must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle. You must also be able to clearly demonstrate recent local authority experience handling a mixed caseload of complex minor and small major applications.
The client will be looking to pay between £30-35 per hour for the successful Senior Planning Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!