Planning Enforcement Officer
My client, a local authority based in Bedfordshire are looking for a Planning Enforcement Officer within their Enforcement team. You will be brought in to provide a high level service for the investigation of alleged breaches of planning control.
You will be joining as a Planning Enforcement Officer in a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels by adding new members of staff to handle a high backlog of cases in a busy service.
Duties for the Planning Enforcement Officer role will be:
- Carry out site visits, take dimensions, check buildings to plans, and assess if there is a breach of planning control and action that should be taken.
- Advise contravener of breach and action that should be taken to resolve.
- Prepare action reports and formal Notices for example Enforcement Notice, Temporary Stop Notice, Breach of Condition Notice.
- Serve formal Notices on all interested parties and prepare Statements of service. Also serve Injunctions obtained from High Court.
- Check compliance with requirements of Notices.
- To update Acolaid with all actions and correspondence, and close cases when breach resolved or no further action to take.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate legislation, Council Policies, the Constitution, Financial regulations and other requirements of the Council.
To be successful for the Planning Enforcement Officer job, you will have previous experience in handling a high caseload of enforcement work within a UK based Local Authority and be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of this on your CV.
The client will be looking to pay between £27-34 per hour for the successful Planning Enforcement Officer applicant and would be looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!