Planning Enforcement Officer
My client, a local authority based in Essex are looking for a new candidate to join as a Planning Enforcement Officer within their Enforcement team. You will be brought in to provide a high-level service for the investigation of alleged breaches of planning control.
You will be joining as a Planning Enforcement Officer in a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels by adding new members of staff to manage a large and complex enforcement case involving Travelling Show people.
Duties for the Planning Enforcement Officer role will be:
- Carry out site visits, take dimensions, check buildings to plans, and assess if there is a breach of planning control and action that should be taken.
- Advise contravener of breach and action that should be taken to resolve.
- Prepare action reports and formal Notices for example Enforcement Notice, Temporary Stop Notice, Breach of Condition Notice.
- Serve formal Notices on all interested parties and prepare Statements of service. Also serve Injunctions obtained from High Court.
- To answer general planning enforcement queries, and specifically queries relating to own cases.
- To update Acolaid with all actions and correspondence, and close cases when breach resolved or no further action to take.
To be considered for the Planning Enforcement Officer roles you must have an RTPI accredited degree and a proven track record of handling high profile enforcement cases.
The client will be looking to pay between £40-50 per hour for the successful Planning Enforcement Officer applicants and would be looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!