Principal Planning Officer
My client, a South London-based Local Authority are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to join one of their two area based Development Management Planning teams. You will be joining an ambitious, expanding team that is involved in exciting, large scale regeneration projects and have a number of major development schemes under construction or proposed for the Borough.
The council need a great Principal Planning Officer to manage a small team of DM planners, signing off reports and applications. The team will be dealing with a range of applications including, householder, minor and complex minor applications.
Duties for the Principal Planning Officer role will be:
- Managing a small team of DM planning officers.
- Signing off on reports and applications
- Principal Planning officers also have delegated authority to determine some types of applications.
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications
- Conducting site visits
- Ensuring that all approved applications coincide with the Local Plan
- Provide any information relating to land and property to professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and planning agents and members of the public.
In order to be successful for the Principal Planning Officer role you must have previous experience at a senior level managing planning staff, signing off on reports and planning applications within a UK based Local Authority.
They client will be paying between £28-35 per hour for the Principal Planning Officer, and are ideally looking for a candidate to start within 2 weeks. Working through Ackerman Pierce will also guarantee you weekly payment for your work, as well as a personal consultant to work with you during the process, along with some loyalty benefits throughout your time with the agency. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs!