Senior Policy Planner - CIL EXPERIENCE
2 days left
- Contract Type
I am currently working with a Buckinghamshire based Local Planning Authority, who are looking to bring on a Senior Policy Planner to help with the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) review.
The post plays a significant role in ensuring the right infrastructure is secured and delivered in connection with new developments. The successful contractor will need to be adept at developing and managing systems. You will be involved in progressing a revised community infrastructure levy charging schedule for the district as well as working on developing guidance on developer contributions to ensure the district is well placed to deliver quality development supported by appropriate infrastructure. If you have experience in developing a community infrastructure levy and associated supplementary planning documents on s106 contributions you will have a distinct advantage when applying for this role.
The successful contractor will be expected to progress a revised community infrastructure levy charging schedule and regulation 123 list and attend and give evidence at the CIL examination.
Main duties and responsibilities
- to deliver community infrastructure through the community infrastructure levy and section 106 obligations.
- to prepare community infrastructure levy charging schedules for adoption including the preparation of supporting viability, infrastructure, funding and other appropriate evidence, draft regulation 123 list, section 106 data, to manage public consultation on the council’s charging schedule in accordance with the community infrastructure levy regulations, and to appear on the council’s behalf at the community infrastructure levy charging schedule examination.
- to prepare supplementary planning documents on section 106 developer contributions including management of public consultation in accordance with the local plan regulations.
- to provide advice on the liability of development to the community infrastructure levy and support development management officers in their section 106 negotiations ensuring consistency and justification/evidence is available.
- to write reports, statements and proofs of evidence and present them/act as a witness at appeals and public inquiries.
- to work with all levels of government, agencies and partners
- to attend meetings and training, internal and external, to present reports and provide training; during and occasionally out of work hours.
- to comment on other LPA’s consultations on CIL documents and to keep up to date with Government announcements and statements on CIL and S106‘s.
It is imperative that you have a degree in a related discipline, or equivalent level of qualification or experience. You must also hold a full and current driving license and have access to a vehicle insured for business use. Holding a full membership of a professional membership, such as the Royal Town Planning Institute, will be looked upon favourably.
The contract is likely to run for an initial 3 month period, though there could be scope for this to be extended. The council also offer flexible home working.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch with Amy, 020 3795 4828, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior Policy Planner - CIL EXPERIENCE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Berkshire
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Berkshire
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Berkshire
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Berkshire
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Berkshire