Senior Planner | North Yorkshire | £35k - £45k | Part Time possible
Fancy a slice of life in stunning North Yorkshire? With this company, you can be a hop, skip and a jump from the Yorkshire Dales, the North York Moors and the towering coastline of Flamborough Head but with all the modern conveniences of the thriving city of York and the nearby hub of Leeds.
Following the successful recruitment of 2 additional Town Planners and a Graduate in late 2018, I am again working with a consultancy in York to seek out a 3rd and final Town Planner to complete this period of growth. My client is so flexible around working patterns that you could choose town, country, city or coastal living within a considerable radius of York and still enjoy working for this fresh, energetic and commercially successful business. All that they ask is that you are experienced (3 years' minimum in an ideal world), committed, enthusiastic, flexible and a really nice person to be around!
About the company:
Established for over a decade and with a presence in the Yorkshire and London markets as well as delivering a range of projects nationwide, the company has grown to 18 staff across 3 disciplines (Town Planning being the largest) and has recently secured significant investment for further growth of their planning and strategic land projects.
Typical sector work includes mid-large scale residential developments, greenfield strategic site promotion, large urban and community extensions, mixed use projects, commercial developments and brownfield sites across London and other cities.
They operate a relaxed professional environment and really look after their staff. They are open to modern working practices and would consider remote working for well experienced candidates with the proven skills to deliver results offsite. For less experienced staff, flexibility and some home working is a genuine option – their focus is on project delivery and how / where you achieve this is largely down to the individual.
For site visits and client meetings, the company operate a hire car system and pay mileage for short trips so a driving licence is essential.
- As a Senior Planner you will need 3+ years' experience in a Town Planning environment..
- Competitive salary ranges of £35k - £45k for a Planner. Fantastic bonuses in addition.
- Great news if you are already a chartered member of the RTPI, but having MRTPI status is NOT essential for this position. You should have the qualifications and/or experience that will enable you to become chartered over the coming years with their mentoring and support, but it is not an immediate requirement of the person specification.
- You must be technically excellent. Your report writing skills should be top notch and you should have the concentration levels to be able to batten down the hatches when required and put together high-quality statements and reports under time pressure that will give every chance of achieving permissions and winning appeals. At this level, they are looking for busy bees, and not necessarily networkers or business developers although those skills are of course welcome too.
- You will need to be adept at building a strong rapport with the company’s existing clients, communicating effectively on project details and offering solid advice based on up to date planning knowledge.
- You must have at least some experience working on residential-led projects.
- Any additional experience, eg. appeals, hearings, community consultation, heritage, EIA, local plan work is all welcome and valued.
- Overall, you should be a well-rounded, highly competent, committed individual who is keen to work for a progressive, flexible and sociable company.
- Ideally the position is full time, but if you are looking for part time hours (minimum 3 days per week), then please do apply as there may be options for you.
Pay & Benefits:
You will be awarded a competitive salary dependent on experience.
Bonuses are paid annually to all staff when they meet their billable hours targets. They are based on doing your job well so are fully achievable and are NOT based on you needing to win any new business.
So, if you have at least 3 years’ experience in the Town Planning industry and are looking to progress your career with an energetic, nimble and growing business in a beautiful part of the country and you are hoping for flexibility and a better work life balance as a result, do give me a call!
If this role appeals and you would like to know more then please contact Claire Lewis on 07983 143 831 / 020 7859 4246 or send your CV in confidence to email@example.com (please include a phone number).
All conversations will be on a strictly confidential basis and you can rest assured that your CV will never leave our sight without your express permission.
More searches like this
- Consultancy Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Housing Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Property Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Local Authority Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Other Private sector Planner Property Development Full Time jobs in Kingston upon Hull