London - Graduate Planner
This London Borough are actively seeking a Planning Graduate to join their Development Management team.
Be a part of their pioneering service, amalgamating the Council's core planning services alongside planning consultancy - working on the Council's site portfolio as well as with developers and investors.
It is an exciting time for the team, with lots of supported opportunity for career growth, and they are looking for positive, creative and enthusiastic people who relish challenge and recognise that planning is a tool for delivering successful places.
Key skills and responsibilities include:
- An understanding of the planning system, specifically minor planning applications, prior approvals and the appeal process;
- Willingness to assist on complex, major planning applications;
- An understanding of s106 and CIL
- Excellent written and verbal communication, for writing reports, participating in planning meetings, engaging with colleagues, applicants and Members, and for presenting at Planning Committee;
- Critical analysis, and a willingness to guide development and applicants through planning to deliver high quality schemes;
- Good project management skills, balancing a varied case load to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently but still very much as part of a team;
- Good academic credentials, with a preference (but not essential) for RTPI qualification (or equivalent);
- A friendly but robust can-do attitude.
Click apply if this role is of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free market advice, call Jamie on 02077669067.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts across London and the South East although most of my opportunities aren't advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind suitable for the job. To be kept in the loop, please give me a call or email (jamie.vear-)
Oyster are completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your permission.