Planning and Public Realm Manager
Ackerman Pierce are recruiting on behalf of a North London based Local Authority for a Planning and Public Realm Manager to manage their Planning Service. You will be joining to lead, and manage the development, monitoring and review of policies, strategies, programmes and projects for transport planning, traffic and parking within the remit of the Transport Strategy Service.
You will be joining as a Planning and Public Realm Manager in an exciting borough with the finest range of different projects and cultures. You will be brought in to develop the borough’s policy objectives in liaison with the wider corporate strategies and regional and national context.
Duties for Planning and Public Realm Manager:
- Presenting and ensuring the provision of sound and timely professional and technical advice to the Council, the Cabinet and Council Committees and other Council Departments on transport planning matters, ensuring that transport advice and project delivery comply with relevant legislation, statutory and other Council plans, policies and guidelines and that these decisions are effectively promoted and defended in Parliamentary proceedings, Public Inquiries and planning appeals.
- Full management of a team including being accountable for leading the team, staff motivation, performance and the behaviours of the team.
- Change and adapt to changing business circumstances and contribute to developing and changing businesses processes and programmes as appropriate to take account of these changes.
- Providing technical advice and challenge on projects. A number of elements of the role are likely to be contentious or complex requiring support, tact, persuasion and sensitivity.
- Ensuring that the impact of development on the highway network is managed and mitigated and contributes to achieving the borough’s transport objectives.
In order to be successful for the Planning and Public Realm Manager role you must have a qualification in Transport Planning or equivalent to degree level, significant experience in a managerial position, Corporate Membership, or Incorporated Status of a recognised professional institution with significant post qualification experience.
The client will be looking to pay between £45-56 per hour for the Planning and Public Realm Manager role and are looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)