Senior/Principal Planning Enforcement Officer
New year, new you, new job?
The start of the new year is the ideal time to start a fresh and or to progress in your career and what better way to do that than to work in one of the most desirable places to live and work in the UK.
Ashford Borough Council is located at the heart of the Garden of England and offers the best of town and country. With a thriving and dynamic town it is situated in the heart of the region’s most enchanting countryside.
Being only 38 minutes from London, Ashford is a very vibrant and attractive place to live and work, with a busy town centre and leisure offer, spacious and affordable housing and plenty of business space to grow.
The offices are located in parkland adjacent to the Stour Leisure Centre and near other local amenities, with the town centre and Ashford International Station a few minutes walk away. With a very friendly atmosphere in the open plan offices the council are very focused on employee wellbeing and promoting good physical and mental health.
The council are committed to ensuring a healthy work and home life balance and offer flexible working as well as working from home.
You will need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle in order to conduct site visits. We have free parking for employees and you will also receive an annual car allowance or subsidised lease car.
To be responsible to the Team Leader for the provision of a high quality, customer-focused planning enforcement service by
- investigating the more complex alleged breaches of planning control, pursuing the most appropriate and effective action to remedy these;
- monitoring the progress of all enforcement cases including those being progressed by other staff in the unit;
- seek continuous improvement in developing and implementing process and procedural changes and to meet performance standards and targets set;
- providing expert advice to other staff and members on enforcement matters;
- handling of all aspects of appeals;
- handling enquiries from customers;
- Undertaking planning enforcement and other related training as required;
- This post will have involvement with local people, politicians and a range of external organisations including out-of–hours working and BH call-out cover.
The salary on offer is depending on experience but will be between £34,296 - £44,658.
Looking to relocate?
If the above hasn’t persuaded you to apply yet, we are offering a very generous relocation package (up to a maximum of £5,000) with details available on request.
For further information or to apply for this role please contact Kevin O’Shea at Carrington West on 02393876034 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior/Principal Planning Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly