Senior Planning Officer
New year, new you, new job?
The start of the new year is the ideal time to start a fresh and or to progress in your career and what better way to do that than to work in one of the most desirable places to live and work in the UK.
Ashford Borough Council is located at the heart of the Garden of England and offers the best of town and country. With a thriving and dynamic town it is situated in the heart of the region’s most enchanting countryside.
Being only 38 minutes from London, Ashford is a very vibrant and attractive place to live and work, with a busy town centre and leisure offer, spacious and affordable housing and plenty of business space to grow.
The offices are located in parkland adjacent to the Stour Leisure Centre and near other local amenities, with the town centre and Ashford International Station a few minutes walk away. With a very friendly atmosphere in the open plan offices the council are very focused on employee wellbeing and promoting good physical and mental health.
The council are committed to ensuring a healthy work and home life balance and offer flexible working as well as working from home.
You will need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle in order to conduct site visits. We have free parking for employees and you will also receive an annual car allowance or subsidised lease car.
To be responsible to the respective Joint Development Control Manager and assist in providing a high quality, customer-focused planning service delivering timely and quality decisions by acting as or supervising other case officers in:
- the processing of pre-application enquiries and more complex planning applications within agreed timescales;
- improving the speed and effectiveness of the validation and allocation service to external and internal customers;
- the processing of related appeals;
- handling enquiries from customers;
- contributing to the review of processes and procedures for the delivery of the planning service;
- monitoring and investigating alleged breaches of planning conditions and planning control as necessary and pursuing the most appropriate and effective action to remedy these;
- undertaking planning and other related training as required.
The salary on offer is depending on experience but will be between £34,296 - £38,178.
Looking to relocate?
If the above hasn’t persuaded you to apply yet, we are offering a very generous relocation package (up to a maximum of £5,000) with details available on request.
For further information or to apply for this role please contact Kevin O’Shea at Carrington West on 02393876034 or email@example.com
Apply for Senior Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly