Building Standards Surveyor
The Building Standards Surveyor is responsible, through the Building Standards Manager, for contributing to the delivery of the building standards service to the Council and the people of Shetland in accordance with the Building (Scotland) Act and the Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations.
The postholder will be required to carry out the full range of day to day functions and duties in accordance with the legislative requirements and the Council’s policies and priorities, as directed.
Specific tasks of the Building Standards Surveyor will be to:
1. Act as lead officer in finding negotiated solutions to a broad range of complex proposals with senior professional and experts from within and outwith the Council; and meeting, consulting and dealing with the public.
2. Act as lead officer in respect of the following key performance areas:
- Verification of Building Warrant applications
- Verification of Building Warrant Completion certificates
- Property and solicitor enquiries
- Dangerous structures
- Management information system (development and reporting)
- Assessment of premises in relation to Licensing (Scotland) Act
- Licensing (Theatres and Cinemas) Represent SIC on external benchmarking/ Liaison panels/ groups
It should be noted that from time to time service needs change and it may be necessary to realign the composition of the portfolio.
We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
For more information, please see the attached job profile.