Principal Planner (Associate)
An exceptional opportunity has arisen with a prestigious and Central London based planning and development strategy practice for a Principal Planner (Associate).
Over the years they have built a strong business model and first class reputation for delivering major and strategic development schemes that are epitomised by a commitment to Sustainable Urbanism and the highest of design principles through collaborative working with clients who take a long term view to development.
This has led to their emergence as a leading practice delivering major strategic development and regeneration schemes across the UK in the fields of higher education, sport and estate development with a strong focus in new community planning.
As a Principal Planner you will assist the Planning Director and play a lead role with the provision of exemplary planning consultancy in relation to diverse major and strategic projects that include new towns and urban extensions coupled with supporting infrastructure.
Key components of this post also encompass;
- Preparation and submission and coordination of major planning applications, Provide first class technical planning consultancy to a variety of clients Scoping and appointment of professional teams.
- Scoping and appointing professional teams
- Participating in design workshops
- Delivering and managing community consultation events
- Contributing to development appraisals Preparing and coordinating major planning applications'
- Providing on-going planning support to strategic landowner Supervising, mentoring and developing junior staff
- Actively managing planning risk Contribute/lead team training events. Manage project budgets and invoicing.
- Working collaboratively with architects and design teams to resolve design challenges and heritage constraints Client management/liaison Support with Business Development skills.
Having a range of major projects and prestigious clients, this post represents a significant opportunity for your professional and career development where you will be actively encouraged to develop your expertise and take on new challenges.
If you have natural drive and desire to work on the delivery of major development projects in conjunction with undertaking complex planning issues, then this unique opportunity is certainly worth considering.
Successful candidates will have degree in Town & Country Planning or affiliated subject, preferably with a minimum of five to seven years post qualification experience in planning consultancy, public sector or client side at a developer working as a Senior or Principal or equivalent grade.
You must be a chartered Town Planner with strong commercial acumen and a pro-development outlook as well as having acquired practical experience assisting with or project managing large scale major development projects through the planning system.
Finally, you will have good written and verbal communication skills with a natural enthusiasm for Town Planning and development.
For further information or a discrete informal conversation, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company by telephone or email using firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0207 318 5263
Apply for Principal Planner (Associate)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly