Principal Planning Policy Officer
My client, an expanding Local Authority in Kent are looking for a Principal Planning Policy Officer to join their team on a long term contract. You will be brought in to play a key role in policy development and preparation of Local Plan Evidence.
You will be joining as a Principal Planning Policy Officer in a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels with the local plan being reviewed at present, and you will also be advising and liaising with other areas of the Planning & Regeneration Team as well as developers, members and the public.
Duties and Experience for Principal Planning Policy Officer:
- To make a significant contribution to the preparation of the statutory development plan and other strategic planning documents through evidence gathering, researching and assimilating evidence and production of policies and guidance; including the local plan review, Neighbourhood Plans, the Community Infrastructure Levy, other development plan documents, supplementary planning documents, guidance notes and strategies.
- To make a significant contribution to the progress of development plan documents and other strategic planning documents through the statutory processes including public consultation exercises and independent examination.
- To contribute to or personally prepare evidence for submission to independent examinations and appeals and to present the Council’s case as required.
- To ensure that policies and proposals are soundly based through consultation and liaison with colleagues, other local authorities, government departments, statutory undertakers, developers and landowners, Council Members, the public and other interest groups.
- To promote, implement and, where appropriate, facilitate delivery of Borough Council planning documents and strategies including through planning obligations, the Community Infrastructure Levy and liaison with relevant organisations and other interest groups, and provision of advice and guidance to other Council services, Councillors, Parish Councils, landowners and developers, businesses, and the public.
- To research and prepare reports for consideration by Council committees regarding strategic planning matters and to attend and present to such committees as required.
- To maintain such records as may be necessary in order to monitor development trends and to provide information to assist the Council to achieve its planning objectives.
- To assist the Strategic Planning Manager, Planning Projects and Delivery Manager and the Head of Planning and Development, as required, to ensure the maintenance of a high level of quality and meeting of performance targets, including guidance to junior members of the team.
In order to be successful for the Principal Planning Policy Officer position you must be able to clearly demonstrate previous experience working in a Senior Position within a local authority planning policy team, with a particular focus on preparation of local plan evidence.
The client will be looking to pay between £51-63 per hour for the successful Principal Planning Policy Officer and are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone