Senior Planning Officer
My client, a growing joint authority shared planning service in Cambridgeshire are looking for 2 new candidates to join as a Senior Planning Officer to join their teams within Development Management, and in particular working with an exciting mixed caseload of minor and smaller major projects currently in progress in the region
You will be joining a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels with a number of development projects and are looking for someone to take a lead role in handling the applications and related matters. You will also have the chance to work remotely, or through a flexible hours scheme employed by the council.
Duties and Experience:
- To achieve the appropriate balance between customer focus, quality and timeliness.
- This post will be responsible for handling planning applications for principally medium developments of housing, commercial including retail and renewable energy schemes, and occasionally may be responsible for some more complex proposals or providing assistance to Principal Planners/Team Leaders in managing strategic applications.
- To ensure all major growth sites and a range strategic planning applications are developed in accordance with national policy, the Development Plans and local government strategies.
- To provide professional advice regarding a range of planning matters associated with development control and new communities including pre-application enquiries/ planning performance agreements.
- To work in partnership, and as part of joint planning arrangements, with other agencies and developers to deliver quality sustainable communities at the major growth sites as required.
In order to be successful for the Senior Planning Officer positions you must be able to clearly demonstrate previous experience dealing with a caseload of Complex Minor and Major Planning Applications and related matters.
The client will be looking to pay between £30-35 per hour for the successful Senior Planning Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cambridge