Principal Planning Officer (Development Management)
I am currently working with a Berkshire based Local Planning Authority, who are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to join the team during a very busy time, preparing for unparalleled development over the next decade, with more than £2.5 billion worth of development and development opportunities. This LPA are looking for someone who has experience with strategic developments. The contract would be for an initial 3-month period, but it highly likely to be extended beyond this.
Your main duties and responsibilities are as follows, if successful in securing this role:
- Acting as the case officer for planning applications, including large major proposals
- Assisting and mentoring more junior staff
- Principal Planning Officers may also have delegated authority to determine some types of applications
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications
- Conducting site visits
- Ensuring that all approved applications coincide with the Local Plan
- Provide any information relating to land and property to professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and planning agents, and members of the public
In order to be successful in securing this role, you must have previous experience at a senior level of dealing with large scale, strategic planning applications at a United Kingdom based Local Planning Authority. You must have a degree or diploma in Town Planning, or a related discipline and hold full or licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
You must have access to your own car to carry out site visits for this role. Home working can be negotiated with the LPA once thorough the interview stage.
The rate for this role will be commensurate with the successful contractors previous experience, but is expected to be in the £40+p/h range.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch with Sean, 020 3795 4828, firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Community Group Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Consultancy Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Housing Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Property Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire