Principal Planning Officer
My client, an East London-based Local Authority are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to join their Development Management Planning teams. You will be joining an ambitious, expanding team that is involved in exciting, large scale regeneration projects and have a number of major development schemes under construction or proposed for the Borough.
The council need a great Principal Planning Officer with substantial development management experience able to process major and strategic planning applications from validation to decision.
Duties for the Principal Planning Officer role will be:
- Providing high quality, specialist professional planning expertise and technical assessment relating to all aspects of development application and pre-application proposals, carrying a case load of more complex, politically sensitive or strategically important, major development proposals.
- Provide specialist expertise and act as lead case officer in project managing allocated proposals, applications or projects ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, the Council’s policies and procedures, and to the benefit of the residents of the Borough.
- Represent the Council as an expert witness on all issues involving development applications, pre-applications, projects and planning appeals at Examinations and Public Inquires and in court where necessary.
In order to be successful for the Principal Planning Officer role you must have previous experience handling large scale, strategic major planning applications.
They client will be paying between £30-40 per hour for the Principal Planning Officer, and are ideally looking for a candidate to start within 2 weeks. Working through Ackerman Pierce will also guarantee you weekly payment for your work, as well as a personal consultant to work with you during the process, along with some loyalty benefits throughout your time with the agency. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)