My client, a Local Authority based in East London are looking for a Policy Planner to join their planning department. You will be joining the team who are currently finalising a draft area action plan which will be going out to consultation in the New Year.
You will be joining as a Policy Planner to assist the Service to facilitate the development of Planning policy such as the production of Local Development Framework policy documents (Area Action Plans (AAPs)), Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs), planning briefs and Neighbourhood Plans.
Duties for the Policy Planner role:
- Site and area development work including the preparation of site planning guidance and briefs, and area-specific plans
- Producing Local Development Framework (LDF), Neighbourhood Plans, and other planning policy documents, including evidence-gathering, consultation, drafting, submission and adoption, and monitoring.
- Implementation of LDF and other strategies and policy documents.
- Perform Sustainability Appraisals, Equalities Impact Assessments, and Appropriate Assessments on planning policy/strategy documents.
- Produce reports and briefings, and undertake written and oral presentations, to senior Council officers and Members.
- To provide Planning policy expertise on a range of policy issues, and the implementation of Council, public and/or private sector development schemes and regeneration initiatives in the Borough partnership working with key stakeholders.
In order to be successful for this vacancy you will need to have a minimum of 1 years' experience working as a Policy Planner in a London based Local Authority, preferably working with an AAP and be able to evidence this at interview.
The client will be looking to pay between £20-27 per hour for this Policy Planner role and would be looking for the successful applicant to start ASAP. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in London (Central)