My client, a Kent based Local Authority are looking for a Conservation Officer to join their Planning Department, who are seeing a rapid rise in applications received and are due a number of responses from a conservation and heritage point of view.
You will be joining as a Conservation Officer in a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels with a number of regeneration and major development projects and are looking for someone to take a role in churning through a backlog of overdue responses on Planning Applications, including listed buildings etc.
Duties for the Conservation Officer:
- Providing expert advice to officers, members and the public, including attendance at Committees and planning working groups and facilitating the Council’s Design panel.
- Promoting good practise and high standards of design through the Development Management process amongst Members, other council officer and those promoting development within the Borough;
- Raising the benchmark for good innovative and sustainable design and adding value to the quality of built development through the planning process.
- Providing expert heritage advice on planning and listed building applications as requested by Development Management officers and; and
- In response to pre-application enquiries to ensure that development of the highest possible design standard is achieved.
Good decision making through well presented reports, committee reports and recommendations, based on sound policy.
In order to be successful for the role you will need to have at least 3 years' experience as a Conservation Officer, and hold a full UK Driving Licence with access to your own vehicle.
The client will be looking to pay between £28-36 per hour for the successful Conservation Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone