5 days left
- Contract Type
My client, a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire are looking for a Tree Officer to join their service. You will be required to provide arboricultural advice to the Planning and Urban Design teams.
You will be joining as a Tree Officer on an initial 3-6 month basis in a Local Authority who deals with a large volume of planning applications and related matters, so there are strong opportunities to work with a number of large projects offering an expert Arboricultural opinion and perspective on related developments.
Duties for Tree Officer:
- To deal with a range of planning and enforcement matters in respect of tree preservation including assisting customers, undertaking site visits, investigations and dealing with correspondence.
- To deal with tree preservation orders including all necessary consultation and negotiations with applicants, agents, the public, consultees and relevant statutory bodies in accordance with planning legislation and the relevant City Council policies, practices and procedures.
- To provide advice to Planning Officers on tree matters in respect of planning briefs, planning applications, appeals and enforcement matters.
- To prepare reports as required for Planning Committee and in respect of delegated items to the Chief Planner.
- To provide written and verbal advice to the general public, developers, applicants and their agents, interested groups and other City Council Officers, requesting information or guidance on tree matters relating to the Planning Service.
- To process and respond to preliminary enquiries and to provide advice as to the need for permission to carry out works to trees
- To monitor the progress of the tree preservation orders as required and to bring to the attention of the appropriate Team Leader or Service Manager any matter relevant to the delivery of a good quality Planning Service.
- To prepare technical information and appropriate guidance material on tree issues for the Planning Service including the preparation and maintenance as required of maps, plans photographs and other drawn material and including by use of a computer based mapping system.
In order to be successful for the Tree Officer role you will need to have previous experience as an arboriculturist within a Planning Department.
The client will be looking to pay between £12-16 per hour for the Tree Officer and will be looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, provide you with the opportunity to get involved with company schemes, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
Apply for Tree Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Nottingham
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Nottingham
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Nottingham
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Nottingham
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Nottingham