Senior Planning Enforcement Officer
My client, a Kent based Local Authority are looking for a Senior Planning Enforcement officer to join their team, taking a lead role in handling complex enforcement cases and supporting the team leader in the supervision of enforcement staff.
You will be joining as a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer in an exciting team who handle a wide range of enforcement cases, in a diverse and ever growing borough. You will have an opportunity to work at a high level within enforcement for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension.
Duties for the Senior Planning Enforcement Officer:
- Responding to complaints received by the Council and regularly inspecting the Borough in order to locate, investigate and report unauthorised developments and uses, (including those affecting Listed Buildings, trees, including High Hedges complaints, and failure to comply with planning conditions).
- Responsible for handling the more complex or controvertial planning enforcment cases across the whole Borough.
- Provide supervisory technican advice and support to other Planning Enforcement officers and planning officers as required.
- Preparing evidence, statements and reports for use in Committee, appeals, Court appearance wherever necessary.
- Interviewing persons as required under caution in accordance with RIPA or PACE procedures.
- Liaising with the Area Planning Officers, and other sections where necessary regarding the appropriate course of action; liaising with Administration and Legal Services, regarding the serving of enforcement notices, stop notices, tree preservation orders.
- Serving legal notices and summonses.
- Giving evidence at Magistrates Court or wherever necessary arising from 1 to 4 above.
- Support the development and maintenance of IT systems to monitor progress on all casework and to record performance in relation to agreed targets.
In order to be successful for the Senior Planning Enforcement Officer vacancy you must be able to clearly demonstrate 5 years' experience within another UK based local authority handling enforcement cases at a senior level.
The client will be paying between £30-40 per hour for the successful Senior Planning Enforcement Officer and will be looking for a start as soon as possible. Please contact Ollie Melton for more details on this position, and for any information on similar positions and advice on the current Town Planning job market.
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Sittingbourne
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Sittingbourne
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Sittingbourne
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Sittingbourne
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Sittingbourne