Senior Development Management Planner
I am currently working with an Oxfordshire based Local Planning Authority, who are looking to bring on a Senior Development Management Planner to aide the council during a busy time of year. The contract would initially run for 3-months, though this has scope to be extended due to the scale of work to be undertaken.
Your main responsibilities within this role are as follows:
- Process and make recommendations on an individual caseload of planning and other applications; to ensure that decisions made and advice given accord with the Councils policies, Government advice and good planning practice.
- To provide and offer advice and guidance to prospective applicants, consultants and members of the public prior to submission of applications and on general planning matters.
- To prepare and provide written evidence and act as expert witness on the Council’s behalf at public inquiries and hearings.
- To advise/liaise with elected Members in relation to planning and enforcement matters in the area.
- To attend and present applications to Development Committee and undertake Committee site visits.
- To deal with all customers of the planning service in a positive and constructive manner
- To attend meetings and site visits convened by other parties and organisations as necessary to advise on the planning matters, particularly through the giving of information and advice, some of which may be outside normal working hours.
- To liaise and coordinate with other departments of the Council particularly Environmental Health and other sections within the Planning Service such as Conservation, Design and Landscape and Building Control (and outside authorities/agencies such as Highway Authority and Environment Agency).
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of technical and administrative requirements arising from new legislation and of any development in the general field of planning practice.
It is essential you have a minimum of 3 years’ worth of experience working with 10+ dwellings per application, as well as working on commercial and industrial sites. There will be an element of supervision of junior staff within the department with this role; evidence of having done this previously will be looked upon favourably. You must have a degree or diploma in Town Planning, or a related discipline. RTPI membership is preferred but not essential for this role.
You must have access to your own car to carry out site visits for this role. Home working can be negotiated with the LPA once thorough the interview stage.
The rate for this role will be commensurate with the successful contractors previous experience, with an exceptional rate available for an exceptional contractor!
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch with Sean, 020 3795 4828, email@example.com
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Warwickshire
- Community Group Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Warwickshire
- Consultancy Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Warwickshire
- Housing Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Warwickshire
- Property Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Warwickshire