Senior Planning Policy Officer
My client, an expanding Local Authority in Leicestershire are looking for a Senior Planning Policy Officer to join their team on a long term contract. You will be brought in to play a key role in policy development and preparation of Local Plan Evidence.
You will be joining as a Senior Planning Policy Officer in a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels with the local plan being reviewed at present, and you will also be advising and liaising with other areas of the Planning & Regeneration Team as well as developers, members and the public.
Duties and Experience for Senior Planning Policy Officer:
- Carry out consultations on the local plan and other planning policy documents.
- Carry out research into a various topics as part of your work on the preparation of the local plan and any other policy documents.
- Prepare draft sections of the local plan, supplementary planning documents and papers, and reports on them and other planning policy issues, including consultation documents for officers and members.
- Assist and oversee the production of documents making up the local plan.
- Provide professional advice and training on planning policy and development matters to the public, Members and other professionals.
- Prepare and present evidence supporting the council’s cases at examinations.
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory supporting documents
In order to be successful for the Senior Planning Policy Officer position you must be able to clearly demonstrate previous experience working in a Senior Position within a local authority planning policy team, with a particular focus on preparation of local plan evidence.
The client will be looking to pay between £35-38 per hour for the successful Senior Planning Policy Officer and are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Loughborough
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Loughborough
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Loughborough
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Loughborough
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Loughborough