Planning Director / Head of London Planning
Planning Director / Head of London Planning required for the small but growing London office of a national consultancy!
Are you an experienced Town Planner looking to make your mark with a successful consultancy looking to further grow their presence in the London market?
Are you interested in working alongside architects, urban designers and landscape architects as well as heritage specialists, infrastructure and environmental consultants in a multidisciplinary organisation with a cohesive working environment and shared core vision?
Are you keen to reap more benefits from your hard-earned client base through a more generous, uncapped bonus structure?
This is a new and exclusive position, and a great opportunity for an ambitious Associate/Associate Director or an existing Director with limited room for progression within their existing company.
With high-profile projects across London and the South-East and a wide-reaching client base across the private and public sectors, this office already has a solid base from which to grow. There is an existing team of 4 planners in London and further successful offices nationwide.
They require a suitably experienced, commercially savvy and truly ambitious go-getter to head up the office, drive the business forward and lead the team into 2019 and beyond. The successful candidate will also take up a seat on the board, enabling them to influence the future direction of the whole group.
Key features of the new Director…
- Full member of the RTPI or RICS (P&D);
- Minimum 8 years’ Town Planning experience, some of which must have been gained in London or the south east;
- Most recently worked in the private sector;
- Some public sector experience highly desirable;
- Experience managing professional teams and significant projects;
- Client-facing and not afraid of networking and business development;
- Some experience managing budgets and other financial such as revenue projections (desirable but not essential as training can be given in this area);
- Experience writing fee proposals and tenders;
- Empathetic but strong people management style;
- Highly organised and efficient.
For the right person, the remuneration package will be highly attractive. Alongside a starting base salary of £75k - £85k (could potentially be more DOE), the new Planning Director will be given equity shares in this already successful and upwardly mobile company. They will also receive a range of additional benefits including a two-tier bonus scheme, BUPA health insurance and much more.
For further information and to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Claire on 07983 143 831 | 020 7859 4246, or apply by sending your CV (with contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV and personal details are safe with us. We only send out CV’s with explicit permission from the candidate.
If this role is too senior, too junior or too far for you to travel but you are looking for your next role in Town Planning, please still give us a call - we are well placed to assist with your search and keen to discuss other opportunities with you.