Senior Policy Planner- Surrey
I am currently working with an Surrey based Local Planning Authority, who are looking to bring on a Senior Policy Planner to aide the council during a very important time. This contract will be for a fixed term period of 18 months.
Your immediate focus will be to play a part in undertaking site selection appraisal work and preparing for the submission and subsequent examination of the Local Plan that accommodates significant housing growth and supporting neighbourhood plan groups to prepare the numerous Neighbourhood Development Plans the LPA have in preparation. You can expect to take responsibility for topics or sections of the plan and evidence base, be the planning liaison officer for one or more of the neighbourhood plans and work with neighbouring authorities on cross-boundary issues.
Your main duties and responsibilities, if successful in securing this role are as follows:
- Oversee, project manage and assist in the production of documents making up the local plan
- Carry out research into a variety of topics as part of the work on the preparation of the local plan and other policy documents
- Write briefs, employ consultants and manage contracts for specialist work and projects
- Attend project meetings with internal and external stakeholders (including evening meetings when requested)
- Prepare draft sections of the local plan and supplementary planning documents and papers and reports on them and other planning policy issues, including consultation documents for officers and Members
- Carry out consultations on the local plan and other planning policy documents including attendance at exhibitions and meetings
- Prepare and present evidence supporting the Council’s case at the Examination
- Provide advice on and assistance to town and parish councils preparing or wishing to prepare Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Provide professional advice and training on planning policy and development matters to the public, Members and other professionals
- Assist in the supervision of the work of junior planning or technical officers
- Assist in other aspects of the team’s work including input into county and other cross-authority planning arrangements, management of the Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, nature conservation and transportation matters
- Support development management colleagues in interpreting policy for planning applications
- Assist in monitoring planning policies.
It is essential that you a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a planning office, including experience of planning policy work, with an excellent knowledge of both Planning Legislation and Planning Policy. You must have a degree or diploma in Town Planning, or a related discipline and hold full or licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch with Sean, 020 3795 4828, email@example.com
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey